Welcome to Sampige Kannada Library. Here you can find our catlog, availability, reserve books to borrow, make suggestions and contact the librarian.
1. Each member should register with Library Management providing their current address, phone numbers and email addresses.
2. Library’s rented “asset” means books, audio, video or any digital content.
3. Every asset rented should be treated with care to return in same condition as it was when it was rented.
4. Library management reserves the right to collect a safety deposit not to exceed the value of the asset rented (i.e. $25 for each book).
5. Each asset will be rented for duration of 3 weeks, renewable two times by a week at a time. Library management panel may refuse renewals if the asset is in high demand by other patrons.
6. Members may borrow one asset at a time (per member family). This initial policy may be revised based on the demand and supply of the assets.
7. Late fee of $1.00/week may be assessed for the overdue items. The cumulative late fee may not exceed the replacement cost of the asset rented.
8. Pickup and drop off locations and times may change in accordance to Sampige’s planned meetings. Current timings are during school “Kannada Kali” i.e. 10:15AM-11:45AM on Saturdays. Please check Sampige website or contact library contact via email.
9. A catalog of rentable assets is available offline at the location of pickup/drop-off. Library management is working on an online catalog and rental requesting system.
10. Donations are welcome. Please check with Library Management for details. You can also volunteer your hours to make this program successful.
11. If you have requests for the assets not in the catalog, contact Library Management via email with your wish list. (Please keep it small). We welcome all other feedbacks and comments.
12. Sampige board reserves the right to refuse service for the patrons who do not adhere to the policies of the library.